Taking of foods like spicy, oily, rotten and eating in hurry and frequently eating without feeling hungry, mental stress, taking food while in agitation, labor shirking habit etc. are causes of Indigestion.
This apart, physical work and sexual intercourse just after meal, old age, constipation besides uncooked food and raw food some times can be the causes of indigestion.
The best way to treat indigestion is to prevent it by avoiding the foods and situations that seem to cause indigestion. Keeping a food diary is helpful in identifying foods that cause indigestion. Here is some other suggestions:
- Always remember to chew your food thoroughly and eat slowly. Nobody is running after you.
- Steam your vegetables instead of boiling them.
- One cause of indigestion is emotional stress so do not eat a meal when you are tired, or in a bad temper because these negative feelings temporarily paralyzes the production of digestive juices.
- Do not combine protein and starchy foods in a meal. However, you can take meals with milk and vegetable soup.
After consulting as per doctor’s advice we give diet therapy, yog therapy, hydro therapy etc. This apart we also give the following:
- Application of Mud pack over abdomen.
- Hip bath and Wet abdominal pack also gives adequate relief.
- Neem water enema as per requirement is also helpful
Usually, due to the displacement of naval towards lower side Indigestion or loose motion occurs. Four asanas described in the chapter of constipation should be practiced in the same sequence for bringing the dislodged naval at its right place.